INJURY PREVENTION UNITS OF Goa Heroes Cup (GHC)
Goa Heroes Cup GHC Cricket is one of the most popular sports played in more than 60 Countries. Although cricket is not a contact sport, injuries can and do occur, often due to overuse. Cricket is often played in the heat, so players and spectators need to be protected from dehydration, heat stress, and sun damage.
The most common types of injuries suffered through cricket are strains, sprains, fractures, bruising and open wounds. Many of these injuries affect the upper body, particularly the hands and fingers.
Injuries to the face, finger and hand from a cricket ball are the most common types of hospital-treated injuries, followed by falls.
Bowlers are inclined to suffer overuse injuries, such as back and shoulder injuries.
To prevent injury, you should:
- Be prepared
- Wear the right gear
- Keep the playing environment safe
- Know yourself and the sport.
- Attend training so your body is ready.
- Warm up and stretch before playing
- Cool down and stretch after playing.
Wear the right gear:
Make sure you:
- Wear a face guard, preferably custom-fitted, at all times.
- Wear shoes designed for cricket.
- If you have a history of injury, speak to your doctor or physiotherapist about appropriate bracing or protective gear.
Anyone can play Goa Heroes Cup or GHC after clearing cricket trials 2022 and cricket selection matches 2022.
Note: Our Every Match Is Live On Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and Cric heroes.
Register Now To play the Upcoming Goa Heroes Cup!!